You will be joining a highly talented team of engineers working on a custom hiring and talent mapping application. We are helping a large company leverage their data to find the perfect candidates. This ranges from predictive models to answering other very open-ended questions. We have a range of projects from
This is a remote position with in +/- 2 hours of Eastern Standard Time zone.
- Use statistical, algorithmic, data mining, and visualization techniques to model complex problems, identify opportunities, discover solutions, and deliver actionable business insights.
- Own your projects and use this autonomy to find creative and innovative ways of solving problems and delivering solutions.
- Handle both parts of the Research & Development process, including clean, rigorous implementations of devised models inside our Analytics system.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Be in constant communication with team members and other relevant parties and convey results efficiently and clearly.
- A strong background in advanced mathematics, in particular in probability theory and statistics, data mining, and machine learning.
- Comfortable working with messy structured data sets and turning them into machine learning products
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (keyword extraction and sentiment analysis)
- You must be able to think critically, to look at the big picture and spot what is missing, taking advantage of it to propose improvements and deliver business insights.
- 4+ years of professional experience in data science, doing exploratory data analysis, testing hypothesis, and building predictive models.
- Ability to quickly and accurately understand complex new concepts.
- Proficiency in Python and previous experience efficiently conducting research and creating ad hoc reports.
- Familiarity with Scala/Spark a plus
- Be excited about collaborating daily with your team and other groups while working via a distributed model.
- Be eager to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
Founded by freelance engineers, Blue Orange Digital aims to bring an engineering-first approach to the development agency model. We aim to work on projects that use the latest and greatest technologies. We care about the products we build and only work with clients who understand that good applications come from happy engineers. We are an entirely distributed team with members all across the US.
|Job Category||Data Scientist|