Blue Orange Digital is a cloud-based data transformation and predictive analytics development firm. We use AWS to help companies make sense of their data. From Fortune 500’s and startups, we apply modern data analytics techniques to help them find business solutions. Founded by engineers, we love passionate technologists and data analysts. We have startup DNA meaning everyone on our team makes a direct contribution to the growth of the company. We have headquarters in NYC and Alexandria VA.
Seeking a hybrid project manager and account management role to drive the overall planning and development of full-stack data science applications and communicate this progress to the client. The role will require successfully leading a team through the development life-cycle and managing communication between client specifications and the development team. This role needs to have strong analytical skills, an understanding of agile and Scrum methodologies, and opinions on process improvements and innovations with project management. The ability to create, motivate, and meet deadlines is critical to the role. We also require someone to establish a relationship with users for product testing.
An ideal candidate should be self-driven, experienced, able to effectively balance details with project goals, and deadline oriented. This role requires clear thinking, the anticipation of problems, and strong communication skills. Ownership, initiative, solution-focused problem solving, strong people management, and proactive communication are key determinants of success in this role.
- Ensure that projects are completed within the constraints of scope, cost, and time
- Operating as a point of contact for any and all matters specific to the client
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Excellent communication skills both internally and to clients.
- Analyze program roadmaps for conflicting tasks, timeline consolidation, and resource allocation
- Own the backlog and deliverables with a clear charter, prioritization, and urgency for delivery
- Manage a diverse array of project resources to successfully complete projects
- Manage client communication and oversee progress for assigned projects
- Create project schedules and ensure they are consistently updated
- Provide clients with regular updates on project schedule and action items
- Effectively manage project change
- Facilitate user testing
- 4+ years managing IT Projects
- Experience with AWS Cloud
- Experience leading large-scale, complex development projects
- Proven, pro-active team leader and self-starter with the ability to drive decisions, build consensus, and resolve issues
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle and Agile methodologies
- Solid working knowledge of project management tools and methods
- Familiarity with relational databases, query tools, and cloud architectures
- Proven ability to make sound professional judgments and to effectively communicate those to the client
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in order to liaise between the user community and the technical team
- Certified Scrum Master a plus
- PMI Certification a plus
Salary: $70,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
|Job Category||Project Manager|