Seeking an experienced technical project manager to drive the overall planning and development of full stack data science applications. The role will require successfully leading a fully remote team to complete complex development projects and managing communication between client specifications and the development team. Our PM needs to have strong analytical skills, an understanding of agile and Scrum methodologies, and the technical experience to have opinions on process improvements and innovations. The ability to create, motivate, and meet deadlines is critical to the role.
An ideal candidate should be a self-driven, experienced, able to effectively balance details with project goals, and deadline oriented. This role requires clear thinking, the anticipation of problems, and strong communication skills. Ownership, initiative, solution focused problem solving, strong people management, and proactive communication are key determinants of success in this role.
- Ensure that projects are completed within the constraints of scope, cost, and time
- Analyze program roadmaps for conflicting tasks, timeline consolidation, and resource allocation
- Own the backlog and deliverables with a clear charter, prioritization, and urgency for delivery
- Manage a diverse array of project resources to successfully complete projects
- Manage client communication and oversee progress for assigned projects
- Create project schedules and ensure they are consistently updated
- Provide clients with regular updates on project schedule and action items
- Effectively manage project change
- Mitigate project issues and create appropriate action plans
- Write project proposals with the assistance of senior techs and manager
- Experience leading large-scale, complex development projects
- Proven, pro-active team leader and self-starter with the ability to drive decisions, build consensus, and resolve issues
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle and Agile methodologies
- Solid working knowledge of project management tools and methods
- Familiarity with relational databases, query tools, and cloud architectures
- Proven ability to make sound professional judgments and to effectively communicate those to the client
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in order to liaise between the user community and the technical team
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
Founded by freelance engineers, Blue Orange Digital wanted to bring an engineering-first approach to the development agency model. We aim to work on projects that use the latest and greatest technologies. We care about the products we build and only work with clients who understand that good applications come from happy engineers and team members. We’re headquartered in NYC and DC with additional remote engineers across the US.
|Job Category||Project Manager|